Internet connection help (sorry if wrong place to post)

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I have joined because I'm in need of help. I've had a Mac for about 8 months after I won it in a competition. I don't know much about computers except how to use them for the basics.

I have wireless Internet at home. When I first set up my Mac I connected to the net without any issues and never had a problem since. I took my Mac to uni for the first time yesterday and tried to connect to the net at uni. I had no luck despite everything I tried. When i got home my Mac wouldn't connect to the net and I still can't now. I went to the networking part of my Mac and there are options for airport and Ethernet. I've always used airport as far as I know. It says 'airport has the self-assigned IP address ..... And will not be able to connect to the net. I can can't connect to my net no matter what I do. I also won't understand what alot of you will say so please make it as simple as possible.

Its not the nets fault because all other pc's and iPhones connect with it no issues.

I'm also in Australia if that makes any difference

Thanks for any help you can give me

And sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area.

Cheers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Well, you definitely posted in the wrong area..... this has nothing to do with community suggestions. Please read the forum descriptions before you post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.