New Mac/Older Klipsch Speakers

J

JMDavis

Hello all,

I finally got the 2.7 G5 system Ive been drooling over last night. I came home, popped in the extra 2 gigs of ram I bought...(which was rediculously painless)...It took longer to get the modules out of their plastic cases lol. Anyway, I digress, my problem is this. When I went to hook my Klipsch promedia 5.1 system up. I drug the subwoofer out looking for the digital ins and suprise there are none..... So, i'm now sittin here with this awesome media center type setup....with only the little internal speaker sound.

I looked on Klipsch's website and saw that they have a Digital/Analog converter box called the DD-5.1, but as far as I can tell it hasn't been released yet. Anyway, I don't know all that much about audio guys, and I don't really want to buy another set of speakers when these are still really nice. What options do I have in this guys? I'm sorta strapped for the cash after picking this stuff up, but I still have around $200 or a little more I can spend. Thank you for your time,

Hi, I'm Matt and i'm a switcher :)

OP
U

UncSki1218

look at the soudsticks on apple..they're clear and they sound great

OP
J

JMDavis

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i've been looking around alot today and have decided that this may be the way to go,

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/

I listened to both the bose 2.1 and the soundsticks today, and they both were definitely nice, but I need to retain the 5.1 of the Klipsch system for movies and games. Cause the computer sorta doubles as our family movie watching station. But anyway, thanks again.

Matt

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.