Logitech MX500

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Well, I went out and did it. I was trying to be the good Apple convert, and make use of the Apple Pro mouse, but I just couldn't take it anymore. I needed the right mouse button. I know, I know.... I gave in. But I couldn't help it, I was born with the need to use more than one button I guess. So I go to Best Buy, and there is this black beauty. I had seen the MX700 before, the wireless model, which I have never really been interested in. The MX500 was only 40 smackers, so I said, "Sure why not?". I'd get all these buttons to play with, and with Expose, that might be kinda cool...

I get home, plug this thing in, do a little google to see how to set 'er up ( who needs manuals, when you can do a 2 second google search and come up with a post from some poor sap like myself trying to cheat the requirements of all other human beings on the planet ;) ). All I can say is that it is a little cooler than cool :). It is much more acurate than the Apple Pro mouse, at least for my mousing, and I programmed the 2 side buttons to perform a little Expose show for me, without having to touch the keyboard at all. Can ya tell I'm kinda lazy :) Plus the scroll wheel is pretty much a necessity these days. There are also 4 more buttons that I can program, and one came programmed with ALT-TAB :) Nice!

Summary, a great mouse for $40. Optical, 8 ( 6 + left/right )programmable buttons, nice feel, looks good, and functions great. Sure there are optical meeses out the for like $18 or so, but the extra money is worth it for the build quality, the functionality, and overall appearance.

Two thumbs up to Logitech with the MX500!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.