• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Skype 5.3 for Mac brings HD video calling, Lion support

Reaction score
Skype 5.3 for Mac brings HD video calling, Lion support

skype-machd.jpg
Skype put Mac users more on parity Monday with the launch of Skype 5.3. The new update brings HD video calling to the Mac for the first time. Those with a FaceTime HD camera in a 2011 iMac or MacBook Pro, as well as those with higher-resolution add-on webcams, can get a major boost to resolution in two-way conversations. Both sides need about 1.5Mbps of bandwidth to keep a smooth connection....

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif
adscout.php

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
They did, back in 5.0. They finally brought it in line with how the Windows client has looked for years rather than keep that bizarro-land Mac-only flavor with multiple windows scattered all over the place. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Macbook Pro mid 2010, OS X 10.6.7, Core 2 Duo, 4gb RAM, 250gb HDD
Weird, using Skype now and it says version 5.1 is the latest.

Working fine though

Reaction score
I think Skype 5.3 is horrible. The UI, again, is poor and they've really not listened to any of their users. There are so many people that are choosing 2.8 over 5.X due to how bulky and ugly it is. I've no idea why you can't choose to hide things like "Tags" and "Location" in the list contact view. I'd love a clean and simple contact list.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.