HELP!!! IPAD back to start up screen

Reaction score
I purchased a used iPad on here. It already had IOS5 installed. It has worked OK until now.... it is back at the original setup screen. Ive tried to go through the set up but it goes right back to the setup screen when finished...

HELP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I purchased a used iPad on here. It already had IOS5 installed. It has worked OK until now.... it is back at the original setup screen. Ive tried to go through the set up but it goes right back to the setup screen when finished...

Since iOS 5 is NOT available for public use yet, it is highly subject to bugs and various issues. More so… we are unable to help you specifically with iOS 5 due to forum rules regarding unreleased software that is subject to developer NDA. See sticky here:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ios-apps/241538-discussions-related-ios-5-a.html

Basically, that iPad should never have been sold to you with iOS 5 on it. The owner either had no legal right to it, or violated his developer NDA. I urge you to seek a refund. Based on publicly available information, you can't normally rollback iOS 5 to an older version. Apparently there is a way IF you have a developer account with Apple.

C

chas_m

You should definitely let the moderators know who it was that sold you this thing. We don't want people hawking illegal wares on here.

OP
G
Reaction score
I called Apple , explained my situation. They are repairing my iPad.
Apple is a good apple...

As for the developers... ?

Reaction score
I'm guessing your iOS beta version was expired, I had the same problem but since I am a registered developer i could download the newer ios5 beta and everything worked again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.