Xbox 360 Controller Support on Lion?

Reaction score
Today I purchased a wired Xbox 360 controller (Madcatz brand) with the intent of using it for games on my Macbook Pro, which has OS X Lion installed on it. I installed the drivers for Mac provided by Colin Munro. In System Information, the controller is recognized when plugged into the USB port. However, in the pane in Preferences, it's not detected. On the controller itself, the green ring around the Xbox button lights up briefly and then turns off. I've tested the controller on my Xbox and it works fine. Is this just an incompatibility with the drivers and OS X Lion? Or is it something else?

Reaction score
I had the same problem when I tried to use the 360 controller... It turned out that it didn't support the Mad Catz controller I bought. I edited the driver to try to get it to accept the controller, but I could never get it to work. I bought an OEM Microsoft controller and it worked fine. I'd return the Mad Catz controller and buy the OEM one instead. Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.