VGA adapter crashed my ipad now it won't turn back on again

Reaction score
Hey there guys and gals,
I connected my iPad to my Panasonic plasma TV's PC port using the VGA adapter. I was watching a youtube video. I left the room and when I returned a few minutes later after the video had finished and the TV was blank (no problem there as the video had finished), but my iPad had switched itself off and now won't turn back on again. It's completely unresponsive. There was about 35% battery left.
Can anyone help?! I've used the adapter with this TV many times before with no problems whatsoever... weird.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm going to assume that you've already tried pressing and holding the Sleep button for 10 seconds or so.

If that didn't do the trick, have you tried pressing and holding the Home and Sleep buttons together for several seconds? That would be a hard reset.

If that doesn't do the trick, you're probably going to want to either call Apple or take it into an Apple Store.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Holding the home and sleep buttons - until you see the Apple logo - it can take up to 20 seconds or little longer on mine.

OP
picturegallerau
Reaction score
Hey there guys... whattaya know - it worked!
I must have held the buttons down for 19.5 sec before posting... ;-)
Thanks a bunch for your super-speedy help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.