Need a printer/all in one that works with Lion

Reaction score
Okay, I have an HP G95 printer that I really like, but now that Lion no longer supports PowerPC programs I can no longer print....

I tried Gutenprint but after several hours I gave up...

So, I need recommendations for a good printer/scanner that works with Lion.
I would like the ability to print from my iPhone and iPad as well.
I also want it to print photos with decent quality.

I've been reading reviews for the last few days and they are all over the place, I've also been having a hard time finding printers that say they are compatible with Lion (I'm assuming it's because Lion is so new) But I don't want to buy something to find out it isn't going to work.

Thanks

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have a Canon Pixma M990 that seems to be working fine with Lion. The last time I checked the driver does not specifically say that it works with Lion but it seems to be fine. I haven't tested all of the printing/scanning functions yet but haven't had any problems with the basic ones.

Edit: My complaint with this printer is that ink tanks are kind of small and it can run through ink somewhat quickly if you print regularly. I also end up ordering the gray ink tank usually since I have trouble finding it locally.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Okay, I have an HP G95 printer that I really like, but now that Lion no longer supports PowerPC programs I can no longer print....

I tried Gutenprint but after several hours I gave up...

So, I need recommendations for a good printer/scanner that works with Lion.
I would like the ability to print from my iPhone and iPad as well.
I also want it to print photos with decent quality.

I've been reading reviews for the last few days and they are all over the place, I've also been having a hard time finding printers that say they are compatible with Lion (I'm assuming it's because Lion is so new) But I don't want to buy something to find out it isn't going to work.

Thanks

If you want iPhone/iPad plus multifunction then you will need e-print capabilities so far unless things have changed HP was the only one also the printer you listed was reviewed in 2000 so I would imagine any printer made in the last couple of years would be compatible that being said my 2 year old HP
C6380 works well with Lion.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
There were a couple of pieces of software that opens up iPhone/iPad printing for other printers. I think one of them was called Printopia.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.