Transferring Photos From iPhoto To CD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" OS X 10.6.4 / 3.2 GHz / Intel Core i3 / 4 GB 13333 MHz DDR3
I must be dense. I have been trying to figure this out, but have not to date. All I want to do is transfer some simple photos to a cd, but nothing has worked. I even tried putting them on a DVD, but iDvd won't let me sign in using the same password I set up everything on my Mac with. Arggg

C

chas_m

iDVD doesn't require a sign-in, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there.

There are multiple ways to put photos on a CD from iPhoto, but the simplest is to follow this procedure:

1. Insert blank CD into your Mac. Wait for the icon to show up on the desktop.

2. Open iPhoto. Be sure you can still see the icon for the blank CD on the desktop (iow, don't make iPhoto full screen).

3. Select the photos you want, one at a time or in batches or whatever, and DRAG them onto the blank CD.

4. When finished, drag the CD to the "trash," which becomes a "burn" symbol. This will cause the CD to be burned with your photos.

You're done!

If you want to burn a more elaborate structure of photos (multiple albums or what have you), you might want to check out this free program: iPhoto To Disk

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum. Does not belong in "Switcher".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.