HELP with os LION and airport express

Reaction score
Hello, I am a new poster, and am in need of assistance!

I recently updated to Lion, and am trying to set up my airport express to create a wireless network via my internet modem.

The Airport Express was purchased right around 2007, so it is a little older, but I am hoping that's not a huge problem.

However, since installing the included disk - the guide tells me to open up "Airport SetUp Assistant" to complete the setup of the new network, HOWEVER, when I select the assistant from my spotlight, I am told that I cannot use this version of the application with my version of Mac OS X (it's saying I have setup assistant 4.2).

The same thing happens with airport admin utility (version 4.2).

I tried looking for newer versions of these programs, but I am having trouble.

I've been able to download airport utility (version 5.5.3), but when I scan for devices nothing comes up....

I am concerned that without completing the "setup" of the express it will not become locatable by the airport utility, but I cannot seem to complete this setup with OS Lion.

Does anyone have any suggestions!? Or is my airport express device to antiquated to use with Lion?!

Thanks very much,
Jason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
5.5.3 is the latest version.
Is the A.E. one you have had or bought used ?
Was it working before Lion ?
Have you tried reseting the A.E. ?

OP
J
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I hadn't used it yet, was purchased new, but was hanging on to it until I moved into my own place.

So therefore I don't know if it was working before Lion or not....

I've tried reseting the A.E., as well as my computer, modem, etc.

Since 5.5.3 is the latest version, that's to say that I shouldn't be worrying about the setup assistant, or anything like that, the A.E. should work with this newest version of airport utility, right?

thanks.

OP
J
Reaction score
got it to work, just had to keep resetting things and it finally came up!

thanks for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.