Microsoft Office after Lion Upgrade

Reaction score
Hi total Newbie so please excuse ignorance.

I have just downloaded Lion and installed software everything that i usual run is ok apart from all my "Microsoft Office Apps i.e: Word, Excel and Power Point"
are unavailable in the dock but unavailable.

If i try to open them i get "You can't open the application Microsoft PowerPoint because PowerPC applications are no longer supported" this is the same message if i try to open previous excel or word file.

Is there an update that i am missing or a fix that i can perform????

Thanks in advance

DruBuc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hi total Newbie so please excuse ignorance.

I have just downloaded Lion and installed software everything that i usual run is ok apart from all my "Microsoft Office Apps i.e: Word, Excel and Power Point"
are unavailable in the dock but unavailable.

If i try to open them i get "You can't open the application Microsoft PowerPoint because PowerPC applications are no longer supported" this is the same message if i try to open previous excel or word file.

Is there an update that i am missing or a fix that i can perform????

The only thing you can do is buy the latest version of Office, or switch to something else entirely. The version you have is an older one with code for the older PPC Macs that required Rosetta emulation to work on Intel Macs. Lion no longer has Rosetta.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is your version of Office 2003? 2008 will run but the installer is Power Pc, but I am told there is a way around that.

Reaction score
attachment id has bad fornat

can any answer this for me, just upgraded to Lion and now I cannot send Word or Excel attachments. I have the Mac version of Office 2008. The error I get is Attachment Id has bad format.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
can any answer this for me, just upgraded to Lion and now I cannot send Word or Excel attachments. I have the Mac version of Office 2008. The error I get is Attachment Id has bad format.

How are you trying to send them? Which application are you using?

Reaction score
google mail and Safari mail , I can send attachment via Apple mail only at this time.
thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.