• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

hello, new member

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i5 15" macbook pro, ipod touch 2G, i5 imac (work)
Hi everyone,

I'm a relatively new forum user--this is the third forum I've ever joined, and only started last fall...the other two are motorcycle forums, and I consider myself a pretty active user. I still don't know about "rep points" or anything about being a "good member" other than being a good participant. I could google it, but I haven't yet. lazy ;)

I am primarily a musician and adrenaline junkie. I studied classical performance in college but I am equally versed in jazz, electronic, and extreme heavy metal (and all those unnecessarily specific sub-genres...). I have been a computer jockey since childhood, and I changed from a die-hard PC user to a mac fanatic when my computer usage habits changed. As a child I looooved games and hotrodding my PC, but as I became more interested in music and other media, and less interested in games (NOTE: not finding them less fun....just too unhappy pouring hours into them) I started seeing the apple-shaped light, and finally this past year I bought myself a macbook pro, and got a full-time job with an imac on my desk. I respect both camps (PC and Mac) and simply see them as advantageous in different ways......though....developing my super-user skills on a mac is WAY more fun to me right now. I love efficient productivity and multitasking, and I'm BIG into using trackpads with JiTouch multi-touch expansion software. Using my mac is like playing a musical instrument that can keep up with my fragmented mind :)

So you could say I'm a guy that appreciates the simplicity of an OS that's smooth and clean with the stuff most people use macs for, but I also really like to open things up and mess around under the hood.

I joined this forum because I frequently troll it for troubleshooting and tricks, and I feel like giving back to the community and receiving replies to specific questions in return. So hello everyone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Welcome! :)
Feel free to contribute as much as you can.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Welcome to Mac Forums!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.