How to secondary tap + tap to click + dragging ?

Reaction score
When using a mouse, I often have to click right-button + dragging to select something. In the Trackpad preference, there is an option to enable one finger "Tap to click" and "Dragging". It helps to mimic the "left-buttom"+"dragging" function of a mouse.

My question is: how to emulate the "right button"+"dragging" function of a mouse by "tapping" rather than "clicking" ?

"Tapping+dragging" is much easier than "clicking+dargging" in trackpad. In addition, large distance of "clicking+dragging" needs much more effort.

If the default Trackpad preference setting can not help to do it, is there any other apps could make it ? (something like MagicPref ?? If yes, and how ??)

Thanks a lot !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
For some reason the devs decided to hide this feature in "Universal Access" Preferences. I'm not in Lion right now, but there's a button for trackpad and mouse or something within Universal Access. Go into that and there you will find the option to tap to drag either with or without drag lock.

I use that one too, and it's especially useful in that once that is enabled, you can uncheck the three finger drag, and use the three finger gesture to navigate (swipe) left and right within the OS. (such as in Finder or preferences etc)

Doug

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you for your post, but sorry I do not see any option related to "tap to drag either with or without drag lock" in "Universal Access" Preferences.

In "Mouse&Trackpad" tab, there are only settings concerning mouse key and cursor size.

I am using OS X version 10.6.8

Thanks !!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.