Problem with Macbook 13" keyboard!

Reaction score
It seems to be having a proper hissy fit.
Earlier on tonight the keys stopped working, so I restarted and did everything I could think of but nothing would work. After leaving it for a while the keys managed to start working again, but when I was on the log in screen, when I pressed enter after I typed in my password, it came up as another character in the box.

After doing the same thing again, restarting and then leaving it, it finally decided to work. But then as soon as I started typing again, the keyboard stopped working again and the trackpad was double clicking everything!

I really have.. no idea what is going on, or how to fix it! (If I can!)

Any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

I have to ask.... Did you recently or in the past spill any kind of liquid on your keyboard? It sounds like you might have although it could also be caused by other things.

OP
W
Reaction score
Hi there!
I did actually spill some water on my keyboard a few days ago.. it was probably a few drops but I guess it didn't really matter. Thing is though, it was working fine until yesterday? Maybe it is water damaged, I'm not entirely sure!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, that's what I thought. Please read the following Sticky Notice about spills.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.