Publisher equivalent for mac

Reaction score
Hi,

For my job I need to make brochures on past events etc which can be up to 30 pages. I have used microsoft publisher for this on my mac for which I need to use parallels. I want to get rid of parallels as it is the only application I need it for and I need a mac equivalent.

I've tried using pages but it doesn't show the page layout. It's perfect if you only have 1 page! The booklet is on a folded A4 page making the pages A5.

I tried Quark but that is too sophisticated for what I need to do and I didn't know where to begin!

Does anyone have any other suggestions or advice?

Thankyou

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Probably the nearest thing to publisher is the open source DTP app Scribus

Scribus - Scribus.net

Best thing is is is free

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I downloaded it and when i went to open it i got this message...

"Ghostscript is not installed on your system, or Scribus is not configured with the path to the software."

This is possibly due to the Lion update I just did on my computer and Scribus hasn't been updates. Any other ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Does anyone have any other suggestions or advice?

I was a MS Publisher user for years and basically was disappointed that I couldn't find anything for OS X that was as simple to use.

That was until I discovered iStudio Publisher (currently on sale at the App store for $17.99). We now use iStudio to do all our bulletins and flyers. Very easy to use and powerful. Doesn't have all the fancy templates that MS Publisher has but unless you really need ready made templates you can design your own.

iStudio does not need Ghostscript or anything else to work. And it was just updated several days ago to be compliant with the new Lion OS X.

C

chas_m

Uh, yes Pages does too show the page layout. I use it for multiple-page documents all the time. Not sure what the OP is talking about at all there -- maybe he's in WP mode and doesn't realize it or something?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.