Windows 7 wifi on mac

Reaction score
Hi people, I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my mac bootcamp with the CD. However, airport (wireless internet) does not work on my Windows 7 so I can't access the internet. It only works when I plug the ethernet port in. Also, sometimes the sound is screwed. I have been told it's something to do with missing Windows 7 drivers. Can you please help me out here and tell me how to fix it?

Cheers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We would love to help you but you need to provide us with information about which Mac you have and what version of OS X it's running. Also, I'm assuming that after you installed Windows 7 that you inserted your OS X disk and installed drivers?

OP
N
Reaction score
I have a normal Macbook. Just updated the software to Mac OS X 10.6.8

Here are my hardware stats:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MB61.00C8.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.51f53
Serial Number (system): 450119248PW
Hardware UUID: 74C662B5-B283-58B5-A5CC-60EBDC06B699
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Yes of course I inserted the Mac OS X CD. I followed this tutorial
‪How to Install Windows 7 On Mac Using Bootcamp‬‏ - YouTube

However, the Windows 7 I got was downloaded so might be a bit stuffy, not sure,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
However, the Windows 7 I got was downloaded so might be a bit stuffy, not sure,

Downloaded from where? Unless it was paid for and downloaded from the Microsoft on line store it would be an illegal copy. If so, you won't get any further help from us.

OP
N
Reaction score
yes from the online store. however, my mac is 64-bit and i think i got the 32-bit accidently. But i doubt thats the issue.

Do you know how to fix the wifi problem?

OP
N
Reaction score
Hello? Why aren't you helping me???

I guess you people don't know the answer/solution.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You have to be a little more patient. Folks that post here do so as volunteers and it may take awhile for answers.

Assuming you're running Snow Leopard? You should have Windows Boot Camp version 3.0 at the minimum. If you do, go to the Apple web site and download the Boot Camp updates for Windows. That would be 3.1, 3.2 and maybe 3.3. Download the updates from within Windows and also install from Windows. Let's see if that loads the proper drivers.

You might also open up the Windows 7 Control Panel, System, Hardware Configuration Tree. Check the wireless entry to see if it has an exclamation mark (!) over it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.