Iphone 4 Bluetooth Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB, 250GB HDD Iphone 4, Ipod touch
I seem to have a problem with my iphone 4 Bluetooth.

When i turn it on it says discoverable but just continually scans for new devices without finding any?

Also when i try to send files from my macbook its just says this device (the iphone) does not have the required services?

I have tried reseting the network settings on the phone. Also i have tried a soft reset on the iphone, still no luck.

Any advice?

Cheers.

C

chas_m

For the first question: do you have any bluetooth devices you are trying to pair with the iPhone? Are they turned on and in "discover" mode? If not, you'll get exactly what you're getting.

The iPhone's Bluetooth cannot connect to just ANY bluetooth device. It works primarily with keyboards, headsets/headphones and that's primarily it (a few other things I'm sure, but not much).

You can't do file transfer between a Macbook and iPhone using BT. You must use iTunes to sync (at least until iOS 5 comes out, but that allows for Wi-Fi syncing not BT).

OP
FuzzyStorm14
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB, 250GB HDD Iphone 4, Ipod touch
Aw man! can it do file transfer (ie. a pic) with say a blackberry?

My mac book is set to discoverable and it doesnt pic up that? The only other thing i have try to pair it with is a blackberry and it couldnt pick that up either? is that normal?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.