PDA

View Full Version : I got it!!!

evolve
09-25-2005, 11:30 AM
Yup so I went to the apple store yesterday and picked myself up the imacG5. Not only did I get the imac, but they gave me a upgreade in ram to 1 gig for free, an eduactional discount on my entire purchase and a free ipod mini.(well with full rebate) I ended up saving like $505 on the entire purchase. APPLE ROCKS!!!!

DCraver
09-25-2005, 11:38 AM
Hmm. I used the student discount on my iMac and iBook and got a free mini that I gave to my mom. I'm suprised they haven't made it free nanos yet. That might be crazy then... Anyway, how did you get a 1Gig upgrade on ram?

Also, tell us the info on your iMac! It's cool, huh?

evolve
09-25-2005, 11:51 AM
Well, My brother-in-law told me to tell the apple people that he got a free upgrade when he went in about 3 or 4 months ago. Sooo...When I went in the I got ahold of the manager and told him.."My brother-in-law was in here about 3 or 4 months ago and purchased an ibook. Because he went ahead and got the apple protection plan an additional stick of ram was added to his ibook. Would I be able to have an additional 512megs added to the imac to make it 1 gig if I GET the protection plan?" they were so slammed that he didnt even blink an eye and agreed to do it. I figured the possibility wouldn't be there if I didnt ask... :yinyang:

trpnmonkey41
09-25-2005, 11:54 AM
They won't switch it to free nano's. They created the free mini promo because they knew the nano was coming so they were just trying to unload the stock in the most efficient way possible.

DCraver
09-25-2005, 12:02 PM
Yeah. That makes sense... I don't know why I though of that. I probably did at one point. But I just forgot. =)

evolve
09-25-2005, 12:10 PM
They won't switch it to free nano's. They created the free mini promo because they knew the nano was coming so they were just trying to unload the stock in the most efficient way possible.

True, but it was for a sale that only lasted until yesterday. they had the nanos there, but like you said they wern;t included in the deal due to that they are new and they need to get rid of the minis.

I ended up with a blue mini (instead of the silver i wanted) 'cuz thats all they had left. I figuered its free so I'll take it. I over heard an employee talking to a customer who asked about the nanos and he told the guy that they just got a shipment in yesterday night and they are already sold out......thats crazy.

the_New_guy
09-25-2005, 12:13 PM
cool deal!!