Audio problem on macbook pro

Reaction score
This is an issue that have been driving me insane lately..
I can't hear the sound on MPEG2 files, i see the video just NO SOUND!
No matter if i play the video through VLC, Quicktime PRO or quicktime 7, still can't hear the sound
(i know i recorded with sound, cause on my windows i hear the sound fine)

Reaction score
I think you are missing a codec.

Found this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2637999?start=0&tstart=0

Correct Answer by Jon Walker on Nov 5, 2010 9:43 AM

I´ve tryed VLC palyer now, it works, but it would be easyer if QT would play it.

Then you have a number of options. Basically, they all amount to encoding the files so that they can be played in a QT Player. For instance MPEG-2 video content "muxed" with MPEG-1, Layer 1/2 audio would be playable in a QT Player assuming you have the Apple MPEG-2 Playback component installed. This would likely be the simplest approach directly from Compressor. However, again assuming you have the MPEG-2 Playback component installed, you can use the free MPEG Streamclip app to "remux" your current MPEG2/AC3 (or other muxed audio) content directly to MPEG2/MP2 files without having to re-encode the original data with Compressor. The resulting files would be compatible with QT 7 Player, QT X Player, VLC, MPEG Streamclip, as well as, various other players and converter/player apps. However, remember that the MPEG file container retains its file size limitation for whatever system/player you are using. For really long files, you would be better off creating DVD VIDEO_TS folders and playing the content with Apple DVD Player, Front Row, VLC, MPEG Streamclip, or similar players.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.