can't erase windows partition (macbook pro 2007)

Reaction score
My boot camp assistant has "expired" and when I boot up with install disk, disk utility won't let me do anything to the windows drive (i.e. everything is non-selectable), but I can still manipulate the mac drive. Windows drive is listed 2nd, if that matters.
I just want the 30gb back that's partitioned. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Clone your Mac partition to a bootable, external drive using Carbon Copy Cloner. Once done, boot from your external drive; reformat the internal drive back into one partition using Disk Utility; and clone your external drive back to the internal drive.

OP
K
Reaction score
I downloaded ccc, and it seems like they're documentation will walk me through most of the process. My remaining question is: how do I know if my external drive is bootable? It is an iomega HDD 500gb about 2 years old. And how do I boot from it? Thanks so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Hook it up when finished, go into System preferences > Startup Disk and select it there and restart. Or simply reboot hold down Option Key and select drive to boot from.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
and how do I know if my external drive is bootable?

When it boots up using either of the methods Harry suggested. If it's not bootable, it wouldn't even be a choice to boot from.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.