Windows 7 Starter on Boot Camp?

Reaction score
Hi,

I just upgraded from Tiger to Snow Leopard on my MacBook which I purchased mid 2007. Now, I want to run Windows 7 on boot camp but only for a single software that I need for work. Boot Camp assistant claims that I need to install Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate, but I've seen some retailers selling Windows 7 Starter, and I talked to a Technical Support Staff from an authorized Mac reseller and she claims that she's seen users install Windows 7 Starter but on Mac computers which had Snow Leopard as its original OS, which is not the case for my Mac.

What do you guys think? Please help. All advices will be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
You can't get Windows 7 Starter as a retail purchase, it only comes OEM on new systems.

This is why BC is advising you to use W7 Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate. Any sales you see referencing W7 Starter is likely an upgrade to a higher version.

Source

OP
M
Reaction score
You can't get Windows 7 Starter as a retail purchase, it only comes OEM on new systems.

Source

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response. I swear I saw some, and they were even packed in small plain white boxes that had few black colored labels on it, and vacuum sealed with thin plastic. Not like the full license W7 with multi-colored boxes. Maybe the retailer found a supplier for these OEM software? At any rate, if they are really full license software for the most basic version of W7, think it will work with my Mac?

This is why BC is advising you to use W7 Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate. Any sales you see referencing W7 Starter is likely an upgrade to a higher version.
Source

You mean it could have been an upgrade from Windows Vista / XP?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.