Airport Extreme and Time Capsule incompatible?

Reaction score
I have been using Airport Extreme for a few years and now just bought a new Time Capsule (2TB).

I tried to duplicate same settings for Airport Extreme to Time Capsule, however, Time capsule is still not working, although Airport Extreme works just fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
uhm, based on that? Not a clue.

What OS are you using?
What is your setup? e.g. How is everything connected? From the modem on.
What is it you're trying to do?

OP
D
Reaction score
OS 10.6.8

TC is ethernetted to iMac, same as AE. We have Mac Book Pro, iPad 2, iPod Touch,and iPhone 3G connected to AE wirelessly but not to TC.

I am trying to get everything connected to TC, just as to AE

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Still not enough info.

I do not have an iMac, but as far as I am aware, they only have one ethernet port.
I am guessing here:

modem - ethernet to your AE, ethernet to iMac

The TC is being located in the same room as the AE?
Are you are trying to attach the TC to the AE via ethernet or wifi? Not to the iMac.

Or are you wanting to now use the TC attached to your modem and totally take the AE out of the picture?

You gotta help us out here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
If you duplicated every setting from the AEBS to the TC you should be able to unplug the AEBS and the TC should take over you might have to reboot the router and modem.
Also if you duplicated it line for line you might be double nat in which case you need to change the setting to join an existing wireless or extend an existing wireless on one or the other. As bobtomay said more info is needed what modem do you have? How is everything connected ? What encryption did you use? What is the channel set on auto or manual? Does your wireless network have the same name ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.