External Keyboard for the Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for an external (preferably wireless) keyboard for my macbook pro, any suggestions?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
Any particular reason?

The genuine Apple wireless keyboard supplied with the iMac's is a good companion. You can get that with a numeric keypad also.

Reaction score
Any particular reason?

The genuine Apple wireless keyboard supplied with the iMac's is a good companion. You can get that with a numeric keypad also.

The one with keypad won't be wireless anymore though.

I have both: Used to use the Bluetooth keyboard when having my MBP on an external monitor and this worked great. Doing a bunch of programming though I was always missing the full size arrow keys and num pad. Ordered the USB full size keyboard with the iMac I recently got and it seems to feel more solid somehow. Hard to describe, but I just prefer to use this now.

I understand though, that it's nicer not having to connect extra cables when using it on your laptop...

OP
A
Reaction score
I have a henge-docks docking station at home, and I used to use apple's wired keyboard, which for some reason has started to act-up: some keys don't function at all- even though I've only used it for a couple months -
Now, although I absolutely love the feel of my macbook's keyboard, I never really enjoyed using the external keyboard, it is also a bit too thin for my taste, so that's why I'm shopping for a new keyboard ...

has anyone tried to use the Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 on mac?

Reaction score
Isn't the logitech a Windows keyboard? I always hate that Windows and Command key are switched and then having to remember that when flipping between Mac laptop keyboard and a windows one... Just a thought :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
so I wouldn't be able to configure it to work with mac?

Not true. Just about any USB keyboard will work plugged into your MBP. You may have to some juggling of the keys as indicated but for the most part it will work fine. Same thing applies for most USB mice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
how about the Macally iceKEY keyboard? (I know it's not wireless)
I've used it in the past and it was a pretty good keyboard. Dekan has a point about using Windows keyboard on a Mac. It slowed down my typing because I had to keep remember the different keys used for Windows versus a Mac. I prefer Apple's wired small external keyboard because fits on my desk better when using it with my MBP. I also prefer wired keyboards and mice but that's a personal preference I have.

Also keep in mind that if you use any keyboard that require special software it has to be Mac compatible or they won't provide any Mac software to make it work on your Mac. The main general keys should still work but the specialized keys probably won't work correctly.

Other than that any keyboard works pretty well on Macs so your options can be as large or as small as you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.