Bluetooth Issues with Mac and Nokia

Reaction score
Hello one and all

I apologise if this is supposed to be in another area. Also I have loked around at some of the other discussions and have not found what I'm looking for.

I have recently bought myself a MacBook pro. I also have a Nokia E71 and am wanting to connect the two together via bluetooth. When I set up a connection it appears to have been connected. After a short while I will get a message saying the following;

Bluetooth audio failed
There was an error connecting to your headset. Make sure it is turned on and in range. The audio portion of the program you were using may have to be restarted

This is followed with a button that says 'Stop using headset'

Does anyone know how to help?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

I went to the Nokia site to see if your phone was compatible with pairing it to a Mac - and, for any available software that might help. I could find neither except that it's a very capable phone. Actually quite impressive specifications.

You might want to contact Nokia support and see what they say. If the phone uses standard BT connectivity, you would think that it would connect and stay connected.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.