• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple's MacBook Air refresh may boost RAM, SSD specs

Reaction score
Apple's MacBook Air refresh may boost RAM, SSD specs

Apple's forthcoming refresh to its MacBook Air line may up the value proposition for customers through increases to the notebook's standard memory and storage components, in addition to the latest ultra-low voltage Sandy Bridge mobile chips, should checks within the company's supply chain prove accurate.

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif
adscout.php

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Back-lit keyboard, 128gb ssd, and possibly 4gb standard on the 11"? I'm glad I never pulled the trigger on one earlier!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
then wouldn't that put the ram level at the same as an intro MBP? that leaves little guessing as to what the, someday, macbook will have regarding intro ram....
i wonder which of the ix cores will make it in. i wouldn't think the i7s would get in.. maybe an i5 at that..

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You will not see any of the chips that reside in the MB or MBP line. The thermal factor is too high. What we are likely to see are the chips listed in this article. Just introduced by Intel last week. These are 17 watt chips.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
Yeah, you will definately not see the standard voltage i5, way too hot, heck, its too hot the 13 inch 2011 Macbook Pro.(if you get one, don't look at the CPU temps, it will scare.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Regardless of which one's they use, the i7's I've been reading that are reported to be in the new mba's seem to be impressive for their size. You get low power consumption, lower heat, but still have great speeds with turboboost.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
Excellent!!! Just when the GF was talking about getting a new laptop for school I see this thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.