Magic Mouse Issues Mac Pro

Reaction score
I have a brand new Mac Pro and am using the magic mouse that came with it but it does not have smooth seamless movement. Sometimes it won't move right away, when I am moving it is real jumpy, same problems with scrolling and clicking. I have tried it wiht three different Magic Mouse, tried placing my tower in different positions and to no avail... I took it to a Mac store and they "couldn't replicate the issue". I am contemplating sending them a screen recording of my problem.... Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. It's really hard to be precise when you mouse doesn't cooperate....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

For starters do not set the System Preferences for your mouse too high as this does cause problems. For example, suggest starting Tracking at third fastest setting, Scrolling at third slowest setting and Double Click on third fastest.

if you are still having troubles go into preferences and remove the .plist file, place on desktop and reboot. If all is good trash the original file.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.