HTC Evo 4G Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.5GHz i5, 4GB RAM
Hey all,
I've got an HTC Evo 4G. I've loved the phone ever since I got it back in February. Lately though it's been having some issues with the network when browsing the web. I'll search with Google but then when I select a webpage it tells me that the network is unavailable and I get an error. Same thing occurs if I use the Engadget app. I live near Columbus, OH and have never had this issue until after the recent update. Could it just be a bug in the update? Anybody else having this issue? Any solutions?

Any help or insight is much appreciated!

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved. Does not belong in the "Lounge".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Hey all,
I've got an HTC Evo 4G. I've loved the phone ever since I got it back in February. Lately though it's been having some issues with the network when browsing the web. I'll search with Google but then when I select a webpage it tells me that the network is unavailable and I get an error. Same thing occurs if I use the Engadget app. I live near Columbus, OH and have never had this issue until after the recent update. Could it just be a bug in the update? Anybody else having this issue? Any solutions?

Any help or insight is much appreciated!

Thanks!

I'm fully up to date with Gingerbread and have zero issues. In fact, things are running more smoothly than ever! I get better battery life, Google maps zero in on my location in a matter of seconds inside my apartment and unicorns have begun dancing in my kitchen! Oh okay, that's not true. Unicorns aren't in my kitchen... but they aught to be.

Have you tried the usual stuff such as pulling your battery for a minute? Sometimes updating stuff tends to incite some quirky behavior. I'd also look into updating your PRL were I you. This will make sure that your phone is looking for the nearest available tower rather than one which it may have been latched on to when you were away somewhere. It's possible... Just go to : Menu>settings>system updates

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.