letting sound pass through LINE-IN?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
hi guys. im sitting here running a POS 400mhz dell next to me, just for guitar pro. seems those french people cant quite keep up on software music trends.

anyways, no outlets for a second set of speakers. I want to run the Line OUT on the dell to the LINE IN on the mac, and be able to hear it whenever it makes a sound

however, osx mutes it unless you have a monitoring program open (liike garage band)

is there any other way around t his? thanks in advance guys

B

Badger

Look for SoundSource from Rogue Amoeba software. It allows you to select input and output and it's free. Try VersionTracker or one of the other archive sites. (Couldn't you use a splitter on the Dell line-out and use two sets of speakers?)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
thanks! i dont have a splititer, this was only going to be temporary, however the makers of guitar pro pushed the release date back even FARTHER

so im thinking of trying sibelius G7, but i dunno where any sites are that have songs to learn, and i wonder if i can import .gp3 files

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.