Issues with Hard Drive

Reaction score
Okay so, I am currently having my data transferred onto another hard drive (by a computer company) as it has encountered a problem. I forgot to ask and I was wondering if my Downloads Folder would be something that would transfer in the process of transferring all of my other folders such as Pictures, Music, etc. and will they probably work once I load them on the new computer? They are basically going to be on an external and I will be loading everything off of that onto my new blank hard drive installed. Can anyone help me with this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Okay so, I am currently having my data transferred onto another hard drive (by a computer company) as it has encountered a problem. I forgot to ask and I was wondering if my Downloads Folder would be something that would transfer in the process of transferring all of my other folders such as Pictures, Music, etc. and will they probably work once I load them on the new computer? They are basically going to be on an external and I will be loading everything off of that onto my new blank hard drive installed. Can anyone help me with this?

You'd have to ask them, but assuming they are transferring everything off the old drive to the new, then I'm quite confident that the Downloads folder qualifies as a part of "everything". As for if they will work, so long they aren't corrupted as a result of the problem you had, they should.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Also... please do not cross post. Only post your question to one forum and continue posting back to that thread. If you think your post is in the wrong forum, ask a Staff member to move it for you. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.