Safari and Firefox not running on PC

Reaction score
Hi, any ideas why Safari and Firefox have suddenly stopped working on my pc? I get an error message with both browsers telling me they can't connect to the internet or any pages!

Has this got anything to do with me downloading the latest version of Internet Explorer, which is working just fine! Mmmm...!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
This won't have anything to do with IE - no browser prevents others from working. So let's take a look at the browsers themselves. For Firefox, make sure it's not working offline. Go to the File menu and ensure that there is no check besides "Work Offline."

Are you using any proxy settings by any chance? If not, see here for Firefox and here to change the settings system-wide (the instructions are part of an solution to an iTMS issue but ignore that - the part we're concerned with are the proxy settings).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.