PDA

View Full Version : IP Banned?

gizmo8899
07-03-2011, 04:38 AM
Not sure where else to post this. I'm currently using an IP scrambling site to get on here, as my account is fine, but for some reason it says my IP is banned. For the record, I'm abroad now (Canadian citizen working in India for the summer) and am now living in a guest house/hotel, using their wireless. No idea why the IP is banned. Is it possible to get this reversed? It clearly has nothing to do with my account.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

bobtomay
07-03-2011, 06:42 AM
That means the IP address has multiple registrations - we've had some with 150-200 registrations - and was spamming the forum.

I'm sending you a PM.

chscag
07-03-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm not sure why someone has to "scramble" their IP address unless they're trying to hide something or from someone?

feralicious
07-08-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm not sure why someone has to "scramble" their IP address unless they're trying to hide something or from someone?
For their right to privacy. I don't know if Canadians have that but in the USA we have it in our constitution.

Doesn't mean there's anything to hide, per se, but it can keep people/corporations/governments from tracking you. If they need to know what you've been doing online they should need a warrant. Otherwise it's nobody's business.

Eric559
07-08-2011, 10:42 PM

He has to "scramble" his IP because it doesn't let him on the forums with his original IP address.

chscag
07-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Whatever. Anyway, this is drifting off topic for this forum.

SteveJobs@Apple
12-05-2011, 01:02 PM
I can't freaking post anything! I see my reply for a brief moment and the. If I refresh the page, it goes away! Is my IP banned too?!?!?

SteveJobs@Apple
12-05-2011, 01:04 PM
See! My post just disappeared! What is wrong with this site? Every time I post something, my post count goes up, but that's it. I can't even see my past post or threads. Help me!

SteveJobs@Apple
12-05-2011, 01:07 PM
I cannot see my post!!!