OSx glitch due to Windows Loader 2.0.4

Reaction score
So last night I tried to crack my (bootcamp) version of Windows 7 because I kept getting the annoying (Windows not genuine) notifications. I downloaded a program (while on windows 7 bootcamp) called Windows Loader 2.0.4 "by a guy named Daz, you can google it" in order to trick windows into thinking it was genuine. Well this plan backfired on me. When I installed this program on my windows partition in bootcamp on OSx and restarted my imac, I found i was no longer able to hold down the option key and boot into windows. I finally deleted the windows partition using the boot camp assist and figured I would just start over and reinstall windows. HOWEVER, the windows loader program has altered the OSx startup. For instance I can't log in for about 45 seconds when it goes to the login screen before entering OSx. It also makes it really glitchy and sometimes boots random programs while first entering OSx. PLEASE help! I need to figure out how to delete this windows loader.

For you techies out there, I have a console error that comes up, it's rather lengthy but i know it has to do with that windows loader. I will send it to you via email if you respond and think you could help by reading the error messages!''

THANKS IN ADVANCED!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
A windows executable file will not run in OS X.

Open up System Preferences - Startup - reselect your OS X partition and reboot.

(And if you weren't trying to pirate stuff...)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, we moved this to the correct forum.

I don't know why your Windows 7 was not being "seen" as genuine by MS. I won't go so far as to say it's not a genuine copy since that sort of thing happens all the time with the "genuine windows validation". However, we do not allow discussion of any type of "hacking" or going around the MS EULA in these forums.

Next, your problem: The first thing to try is a PRAM reset. If that doesn't work to get boot time back to normal, you're probably looking at a reinstall of OS X. Might be a good idea to do that anyway considering how messed up Windows is.

Remove the Boot Camp partition by using the BC assistant and selecting restore. Then boot the machine with your original DVD (assuming Snow Leopard) and reinstall OS X. Snow Leopard will reinstall over the top of itself without destroying documents, photos, music, etc. It only overwrites its system files and kernel extensions. Afterward, you'll have to run software update to bring Snow Leopard up to the latest.

Reaction score
So last night I tried to crack my (bootcamp) version of Windows 7 loader because I kept getting the annoying (Windows not genuine) notifications. I downloaded a program (while on windows 7 bootcamp) called Windows Loader 2.0.4 "by a guy named Daz, you can google it" in order to trick windows into thinking it was genuine. Well this plan backfired on me. When I installed this program on my windows partition in bootcamp on OSx and restarted my imac, I found i was no longer able to hold down the option key and boot into windows. I finally deleted the windows partition using the boot camp assist and figured I would just start over and reinstall windows. HOWEVER, the windows loader program has altered the OSx startup. For instance I can't log in for about 45 seconds when it goes to the login screen before entering OSx. It also makes it really glitchy and sometimes boots random programs while first entering OSx. PLEASE help! I need to figure out how to delete this windows loader.

For you techies out there, I have a console error that comes up, it's rather lengthy but i know it has to do with that windows loader. I will send it to you via email if you respond and think you could help by reading the error messages!''

THANKS IN ADVANCED!

Hi
Bootcamp is copying the provided ISO into a USB and it's taking a ridiculously long time.
So is it possible to download a copy of windows, put it on a USB and install it on bootcamp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Did you see how old this thread acually is? It depends on your Mac model having an optical drive or not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.