Macbook Pro MDP to HDMI adapter toolbar cutoff

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been on mac for about a year and I love it. I am new to these forums as I hope some one can help out with my problem.

I went out to best buy and i bought a moshi mini display port to hdmi and had a few problems with it. It turns out it was a defective model so i exchanged it. When got the new one it works on my display. I am using an LG 720p plasma television.

I noticed that part of the image is cut off so that I cant see the taskbar at the top. i am using the 720p resolution. I should mention that my overscan setting bar is grayed out. Why is this?

I looked at all the settings on the tv and nothing.

If anyone knows way that I can achieve a fullscreen image can you please help me out?

Thanks guys

-Anant

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
LG does not provide the function of turning off overscan on the TV itself.

Only way I know is going to be in System Preferences - Displays and turning off overscan there. Overscan is greyed out in mirrored mode - uncheck Mirror Displays to be able to turn it off and use extended desktop mode.

Next would be to try a different resolution. Have seen reports that some of the newer Macs have resolution settings that will take care of this. Alas, I do not have one of them, so can't test here. And this is what I do on my Windows box.

Next would be to try 3rd party software - SwitchResX or DisplayConfigX.

OP
A
Reaction score
Ok i have displayconfigx. Can u tell me how I would go about setting up a resolution I have no clue.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I have not used either one of those in over 3 years. You should find some pretty good info at AVS forums.

DisplayConfigX
SwitchResX

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.