application for scanner using on ibook G4

Reaction score
My sister in law gave me her Canon N670U scanner. I have an ibook G4 10.4.1. I cannot get it to work. It asks for an application. The only app I have is iphoto which is not working properly. It's the old version. I think it's version 5 and I see in order to upgrade it to at least 9, I need to have Leopard.
Is there anyway to get this scanner to work with what I have now? I tried image capture and it says, no device found.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
You may want to consider trying VueScan. It's $39 for the standard edition, $79 for professional, so it's not "cheap" but it is pretty powerful. The current version is supposed to be compatible with 10.3.9 or later. It does have a free trial and a 30 day money back guarantee.

OP
dolphin01
Reaction score
thanks, I'll look into that....

That didn't work. I went back to the canon website for downloads and it says no driver is compatible or one may not be needed - sounds like they don't know.
any other ideas??
Any other scanner that would work with this computer?

OP
dolphin01
Reaction score
got it working now. I not only had to download toolbox but the driver as well. And if you try getting the driver for "mac os x 10.4" it says it's not available. You have to just use Mac os x. And it works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.