Windows shutting down in bootcamp instead of sleeping

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
I have a problem. whenever i close the lid in windows my macbook pro shuts down. ive checked the power settings and closing the lid ect are set to sleep not shut down. every night i go to sleep i close the lid and the next day i have to power the computer back up. anyone know what might be causing this. :Angry: specs are 2.66 ghz, 320m nvidia, 250gb hd, 4gb ram.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What happens if you leave the lid up and tell Windows to sleep the MBP? Also, it would help if you told us which version of Windows you're running through Boot Camp?

OP
safarisurfer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
im running windows 7 professional x64 on my bootcamp partition. i was able to experiment more and just putting it to sleep it wakes up as expected. i think its hibernation is the problem which is different then sleep. my osx version is the osx snow leopard newest version.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Go into the advanced power settings and turn hibernation off. That will also delete the hidden hiberfil.sys file which is created each time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.