Magic Mouse won't scroll/swipe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Macbook Pro 17 inch 16gigs RAM i7 - iPhone 6 Plus - 27 inch Thunderbolt Display - iPad Air 2
Okay I got a magic mouse yesterday for my iMac but it only acts a mouse not a touch sensitive mouse. I've downloaded the software a few times and updated. When I goto install the downloaded mouse software it doesn't install saying there is a more current one available or something like that.

Sometimes I guess it's due to a program called usboverdrive but i've looked and I don't have that one. I also have a wireless trackpad and keyboard hooked up but I don't think that would matter, have also tried restarting and unplugging the computer. Running 10.6.7.

Anyone have a similar issue out the box? and do you think I should return or I'm just missing something.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You should absolutely return it and get a new one..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
With OS X.6.7 you do not need any additional software from Apple. As a suggestion go into System Preferences and check the swipe settings etc are actually selected, and also set the mouse settings for Tracking at the fourth fastest speed, Scrolling the third slowest speed and Double Click at third fastest speed.

Should there be no improvement go into Preferences and delete the Magic Mouse .plist file. Also a program such as MouseZoom may help.

http://benh57.com/mousezoom.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.