Airport Extreme Question

Reaction score
Hey all,

Well I just received my Airport Extreme from the US (I'm in Australia). SO of course, the plugs are different.
The Airport extreme came with a 125volt plug. My Apple TV has a 250volt plug. Can I just use my Apple TV plug for the Airport Extreme? Or will this damage something?
Thanks!

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I don't have either product - but from a quick glance online - it looks like the Apple TV 2 has a built in 6W power supply whereas the Airport Extreme has a 21.6W power requirement and uses an off board power supply.

Your best bet is to take a look at the power supply connected to the Airport Extreme and see what it's rated for. Many of them are rated for both US and European Power and if so - then you can just use a plug adapter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I don't have either product - but from a quick glance online - it looks like the Apple TV 2 has a built in 6W power supply whereas the Airport Extreme has a 21.6W power requirement and uses an off board power supply.

Your best bet is to take a look at the power supply connected to the Airport Extreme and see what it's rated for. Many of them are rated for both US and European Power and if so - then you can just use a plug adapter.
This. Since many devices with external bricks actually operate on DC voltage, it's not uncommon for those bricks to take 110v-240v 50/60hz AC power. If I recall, this is indicated on my Airport Extreme's brick. Check yours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.