• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Wanna be friends?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac, macbook, iphone4S, ipad2
No, I am not a sad teenage girl :p

I do however work from home a lot and have woefully few persons in my iChat list.

So, if you have iChat and wanna talk then...

I am 28, married, a writer and psychotherapist, government manager (I work 2 days at each - I get bored easily!).....and happy to talk....

Add me

[email protected]

Reaction score
Why don't you join the irc chat ?

1) read this: click me
2) Join our highly sophisticated discussions that are very polite and we are all so understanding towards each other. Its really a peaceful chat full of beautiful people. We listen to each other too. If the world was like this chat, it would be a better place. If you don't believe me, check it out!

OP
idsamdg
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Waaay too technical for me!

OP
idsamdg
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not for me - but thanks

OP
idsamdg
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow - you seem annoyed that I don't want to install IRC?

I just have iChat open to talk to people at work and thought it would be interesting to have a few non-work people on there. My real life friends are all at work during the day!

Reaction score
Wow - you seem annoyed that I don't want to install IRC?

I just have iChat open to talk to people at work and thought it would be interesting to have a few non-work people on there. My real life friends are all at work during the day!

Not annoyed. Most people on IRC are at work during the day chatting when they can and helping people when they can. You ask for something, I give you a solution, you reject that solution so why should I be annoyed. I just hope you find some people to chat with on iChat :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Not annoyed... just IRC'd. Heh.

(Hides under the desk)

Reaction score
I sent a friend request.

I have been in the boat as well of looking for more people to add to my iChat. I woefully don't socialize much either but do like to bounce ideas from time to time .

I am a freelance web designer and sometimes need to get away from it all. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.