CD/DVD labeller

Reaction score
Can any one please tell me the name of the best program for doing your own cd/disc's labels on an IMAC. I have tried to download some freeware but this dosn't work okay. Therefore I'm looking for a program specific developed for MAC. The task for this program is that I want to do my own labels for cd's and dvd's and then print it on my own computer. Please help !!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If you use a slot loader don't use adhesive labels. Marking pen far better as the labels can jam.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
for slot loading the safest and best way is to get a light scribe printer and discs.

C

chas_m

I can't agree with that, Rob, since Lightscribe discs are generally hard to find, expensive when you do find them, and grayscale only.

I bought an Epson that can print directly on "white label" CD/DVDs, and it works beautifully. I use Belight's Disc Cover to make the "labels" and CD/DVD covers as well, works a treat.

A lot of people are unaware that you can actually make CD/DVD covers right in iTunes, in an attractive albeit limited way. Just select a playlist, hit "print" and explore.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
I bought an Epson that can print directly on "white label" CD/DVDs, and it works beautifully. I use Belight's Disc Cover to make the "labels" and CD/DVD covers as well, works a treat.

nice, got a link? I've used disc cover, its a decent app.

C

chas_m

BTW, I should have made more clear in my previous post that despite Lightscribe's disadvantages, the final product they produce is GORGEOUS if limited.

The words "Disc Cover" in my previous post take you to BeLight's web page that offers examples. White-label (also called "inkjet-printable") CDs and DVDs (from various places) are much easier to find (at least for me) and cost the same as non-white-label discs. Here's where I bought my last batch:

RITEK

And here's the printer I was talking about:
Epson Stylus Photo R280 Ink Jet Printer, Overview - Product Information - Epson Canada, Limited.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.