Mac Airport controls household Linksys

Reaction score
Recently, I've been having a strange issue with my Macbook Pro.
I've had my Macbook Pro for around a year now without any issues - worked well at home and at college. However, recently, my MacBook's Airport wireless seems to be dictating the wireless in my house from my Linksys router.
The Linksys router is set up to my family's ancient Dell Desktop and gives the rest of the house wireless for my mother's, brother's, and my respective laptops. Ever so often, if I am not on my laptop, the wireless for the other computers will be inaccessible. When I go to check my own laptop, the computer says that it's searching for wireless and then quickly gets it - then, the internet is back up for the rest of the house. Wireless will remain inactive for all other computers until I do this.
Now, as a common mortal, I understand this as a sign that my Mac is indeed a god - however, I would like to know why this is happening.

Does any one have any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
have you got internet sharing turned on on that mac?

\its in system preferences, sharing

\thats the only reason I can think of for other loosing wireless when you are not active. The other pcs might be hooking up to your shared connection rather than linking direct to the router

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.