PDA

View Full Version : Cant post in For Sale Forum - Is there a minimum post limit?

Gadgetman
06-12-2011, 01:44 AM
Hi,

Although I've joined the forum awhile back, I'm wanting to sell my MBA however, I dont have permissions to post a for sale ad in the forum. Is there a minimum post limit before I can post there?

Thanks,

bobtomay
06-12-2011, 06:36 AM
Mac-Forums.com - Announcements in Forum : Buy/Sell/Trade (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/buy-sell-trade/announcement-buy-sell-trade-forum-rules.html)

Gadgetman
06-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Mac-Forums.com - Announcements in Forum : Buy/Sell/Trade (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/buy-sell-trade/announcement-buy-sell-trade-forum-rules.html)

Update: I'm able to post now. Thanks!

Inabsentia
06-16-2011, 04:36 AM
Yeah, that did help a lot. Oddly enough that doesn't even have 10k views yet!

So the magic number is about 10-15 posts? Sorry, couldn't help but gaze at your post history, Gadgetman.

schweb
06-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Yeah, that did help a lot. Oddly enough that doesn't even have 10k views yet!

So the magic number is about 10-15 posts? Sorry, couldn't help but gaze at your post history, Gadgetman.

There's far more to the algorithm to determine if you can post in that forum beyond just post count. That number of posts alone will not get you access.

SonyCosmos
09-04-2011, 10:58 PM
You should make this a sticky because I'm new here and was thinking the same thing and was about to post until I saw this thread .

Printerman
09-04-2011, 11:45 PM
You should make this a sticky because I'm new here and was thinking the same thing and was about to post until I saw this thread .Mac-Forums.com - Announcements in Forum : Buy/Sell/Trade (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/buy-sell-trade/announcement-buy-sell-trade-forum-rules.html)

It already is. You just have to not be lazy before using the forums.

SonyCosmos
09-05-2011, 12:06 AM

It already is. You just have to not be lazy before using the forums.

Yep, Your right ... Looking in the wrong room ... but its ok because I need to add more posts to my account lol

cwa107
09-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Yep, Your right ... Looking in the wrong room ... but its ok because I need to add more posts to my account lol

There's more to it than just post count. Regardless, no one wants to buy from someone they don't know, particularly in a forum setting, where the buyer has absolutely no protection whatsoever.

This forum is not a marketplace. If that's what you're looking for, check out eBay or Craigslist.

And if you do try to "game the system", don't expect to be a member here very long.

SonyCosmos
09-05-2011, 12:56 AM
There's more to it than just post count. Regardless, no one wants to buy from someone they don't know, particularly in a forum setting, where the buyer has absolutely no protection whatsoever.

This forum is not a marketplace. If that's what you're looking for, check out eBay or Craigslist.

And if you do try to "game the system", don't expect to be a member here very long.

Relax man, I didn't come here mainly to sell it . I more interested with the software help and hardware issues , though I don't plan on keeping it because it would take a long time to learn Apple OS . So i thought I was giving a pretty good deal if someone was to be interested . Yeah , you are right I wil try to sell it there , thanks

cwa107
09-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Relax man, I didn't come here mainly to sell it . I more interested with the software help and hardware issues , though I don't plan on keeping it because it would take a long time to learn Apple OS . So i thought I was giving a pretty good deal if someone was to be interested . Yeah , you are right I wil try to sell it there , thanks

I'm perfectly relaxed. I just want to make sure you understand that when we say the Buy/Sell/Trade forum is for established members only, that we mean it.

SonyCosmos
09-05-2011, 01:02 AM
I'm perfectly relaxed. I just want to make sure you understand that when we say the Buy/Sell/Trade forum is for established members only, that we mean it.

That's cool and understandable . I'm new , just make sense .

Trimac
09-10-2011, 08:54 PM
I am a new member as well, having just purchased my first Mac. Was on looking for info, which I found, thanks. But also looked at buy/sell section. I did read your rules and your initial posts back in 2006 as to wanting to keep it a civil situation. I wanted to ask if it is ok to contact someone to purchase something, it has been listed for several months so I assume any current members are not really interested in buying and so the best service to the member selling would be to help them sell it. Since I am new to the Mac world I dont know how long it would take me to actually be able to post any real contribution! Would appreciate your consideration.

cwa107
09-10-2011, 08:57 PM
I am a new member as well, having just purchased my first Mac. Was on looking for info, which I found, thanks. But also looked at buy/sell section. I did read your rules and your initial posts back in 2006 as to wanting to keep it a civil situation. I wanted to ask if it is ok to contact someone to purchase something, it has been listed for several months so I assume any current members are not really interested in buying and so the best service to the member selling would be to help them sell it. Since I am new to the Mac world I dont know how long it would take me to actually be able to post any real contribution! Would appreciate your consideration.

This thread explains the restrictions in better detail:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/buy-sell-trade/250020-note-new-buy-sell-trade-forum-restrictions.html

Unfortunately, the Buy/Sell/Trade forum is restricted (for both buyers and sellers) to established members.

Trimac
09-10-2011, 09:09 PM
I did read it thanks, since it was vague on what the criteria was, I thought consideration might be given to length of time item had been sitting on board waiting to be purchased.
Thanks anyhow.