Macbook can't connect to any network

Reaction score
Hey mac people I'm having a problem getting Internet connectivity on wifi networks. When I test the networks with my itouch the internet works just fine. In network diagnostics airport and airport settings light up green but network settings is yellow. I've tried just about everything I can think of to no avail...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Can you provide more info please? First, what model Mac is this and what version of OSX? Click on the Apple and on About this Mac and let us know.

Also what WiFi network you trying to connect to? Your own in your house? Do you know if there is a Key needed and if that Key is for WEP, WPA or WPA2.

OP
N
Reaction score
OS X 10.5.8. The wifi router is in my house and it has no password. I've tried to connect to other networks... Even direct via Ethernet and still nothing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Sounds like a bad NIC card.

OP
N
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I might find a mac compatable wireless adapter or replacement nic card?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.