Time capsule refresh rumors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" A1369, 128GB SSD, 2GB RAM/ATV (2nd Gen)/iPhone 4 32GB/2TB 2011 Time Capsule
Here's my problem. I've read a ton about the current gen time capsule, and most of it isn't good news. Seems they all run hot, and fail quickly. Granted in the service industry, I'm told 9 of 10 people who are upset will review, 1 of 10 who are happy will review. But I read quite a few who were unhappy. I have also read about the stock shortages at some apple stores and the imminent refresh. Can anyone give me a clue as to when to expect it. I want the 2TB time capsule to back up my movie collection, and to use it in conjunction with my MB Air as sort of an iTunes server to my Apple TV. I just want to know how long I'll be waiting for the refresh, or if there will be one at all. Also if anyone knows of an alternative to the Time Capsule, but it seems like it would be the most compatible option for what I'm seeking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
No one outside of Apple execs would know and it still shows shipping of current models within 24 hours. Thats not saying they might make a change but no one can honestly tell you right now and the ones that know for sure are under an NDA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
i may be saying this wrong but i think i read somewhere that there could be an update/refresh to the TC hardware/software that would be enhanced with use of Lion. Thats something that I would be very happy about..

I think the article was something like '.. things that the 'one more thing' could be at wwdc 2011' it had stuff like the ip4s.. i was really happy to read that blurb about the TC update, but haven't heard anything other than that

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.