Advice on monitors for MacBook Pro

Reaction score
I've been doing a fair amount of research over the past few weeks trying to get the best IPS monitor to connect up to my MBP. I'm on a max budget of $400. I want the closest thing possible to the vivd bright colours given on my MBP and on the cinema displays that I use at uni as I think they look amazing. I've only really spotted the Dell 2311h so far as a stand out is this a good display that would get me bright vivid colours I get when using my MBP. Does anyone have any other monitors they think are better?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
Unless you keep a lookout for a used apple 24 led probably not.

OP
S
Reaction score
Well what is the best I can get which is closest in quality to a Apple 24 inch LED display with my budget? Is the Dell U2311h a good monitor or is there better in my budget range?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Just spent another 5 or so hours doing more research! I've found this: Hazro HZ27WC It's glossy but not glass (the HZ27WA I think is glass but would upset my bank account too much) some reviewers are calling it the closest alternative to an LED cinema display what do you think?

Oh and are the displays from Apple glass?

Thanks

Edit: I've found a glass version of the HZ27WC but only has DVI no displayport. Is DVI Ok for audio and visual?

Would a MacBook Pro with following spec support a 27"inch monitor?
2.53Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GeForece 9400M

OP
S
Reaction score
would the macbook pro have enough power for a 27"inch screen as the MBP is only 15"inch?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes. When speaking of power I assume you're referring to video and not the actual power consumed by the monitor. Your MBP can send its video to an Apple 27" Cinema Display, so it should be able to do so on other comparable displays.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.