Can't use Bootcamp.

Reaction score
Every time I click on bootcamp assistant, it says "You must update your computer's Boot ROM firmware before using this setup assistant".

I took it that I obviously needed to do a software update, but nothing was available. I looked on the Apple website for downloads, downloaded a couple of random updates to do with firmware but it said "Your computer does not need this update".

I'm currently using the 21.5inch iMac (iMac 10,1) and my boot rom software is IM101.00CC.B00.

Does anyone know how to fix the problem? I just want to install Windows via bootcamp.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That is a strange one. Let me search around and get back to you. Not seen this as yet.

One person had success after Zapping the PRAM.

OP
F
Reaction score
Zapping the PRAM? Sounds scary to me haha :p how do you do that?

And it is formatted in Journaled.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
PRAM is the Parameter RAM. Not sure if that will solve it, but it did for some. You boot holding down the Command+Option+P+R Keys right after the Startup Sound and keep them down (all 4) till you hear at least one other Startup Sound.

If that does not work, do you have more than one partition already on your main hard drive? That gave your message for another user.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thank you, that worked! Bootcamp has opened, I'll try and install my windows on it in a second :)

That seemed to speed up my booting time too, it had been very slow recently!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great to hear. Let us know how your Windows install goes. If you have any more issues, be sure to ask in this thread!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.