Iphone won't sync Itunes edits???

Reaction score
I recently went through my itunes and edited some song titles, and artist names so that it will appear to be more organized while i use it.

however, after syncing my iphone over and over, and re-dragging the songs that i edited to "my iPhone", Once I went to my iPod on my iPhone i only got duplicates and none of the Albums, Artists or Song titles that I edited are updated. So instead of having a nice organized category of songs like I do on iTunes, it's all still scrambled into different albums as when I initially downloaded and synced them. :(

Please help!! Tell me someone has a fix for this! It's driving me insane :Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 2.13 Ghz, 4 Gb, 256 SSD
The way I would do it is erase everything already on Iphone (the music I mean) - you can do this by unchecking the Sync Music box on the Music tab, and then resync.
I don't know if you have the "manually manage music and data" activated. After keeping it active for several years, when I migrated to mac I just gave iTunes a chance to do things how it wanted...never felt the need to manually manage anything since :)

C

chas_m

I recently went through my itunes and edited some song titles, and artist names so that it will appear to be more organized while i use it.

Could you clarify EXACTLY how you went about editing the information on the songs? That may provide a clue as to what's going on.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you're editing the titles, etc... and then using the drag and drop method to put these songs onto your iPhone/iPod, you are indeed adding duplicates. How would the iPod know that 2 songs with 2 different names are indeed the same song?

If you're going to do that, then you need to re-sync the iPod so that the iTunes library is duplicated on the iPod and anything not in your iTunes library is removed. Or, you need to manually delete the songs whose names you've changed from the iPod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.