Music Copyright on a slideshow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac G5, 20', 2.0GHz, 1Gig RAM, 250Gig HD, SuperDrive, OS X 10.4
Folks:

Just pulled together a Madagascar birthday party for one of my kids. We shot lots of pictures and I downloaded the Madagascar move album for background songs. It went well. Then, I decide to use IPhoto to make a slideshow with the Madagascar music in the background. It looked and sounded great. To my surprise, when I sent it to family (all 70 Meg), they could not hear the song because they are not an authorized user of the song.

Is there a way around this issue?

Is it true that if I had purchased the CD at my local music store, ripped it to Itunes and then made the movie, they could have heard the song. Correct?

Thanks,

THanson

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
th5512 said:
Is it true that if I had purchased the CD at my local music store, ripped it to Itunes and then made the movie, they could have heard the song. Correct?

Yes the iTMS is protected music so it will not play on another computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
You could burn it to CD, and then re-rip the CD into iTunes. You'll lose some quality, but the re-ripped song will be playable by anyone.

There are also apps that will "record" the sound from any Mac application. Check Versiontracker.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.