ExpressCard SSD

Reaction score
Hi,
So i'm thinking of getting either an OCZ Vertex 2 or an OWC Mercury Pro SSD as my internal for a late 2008 15" Macbook Pro. I was then thinking about getting an ExpressCard SSD purely for BootCamp. Would this work, can i boot Windows XP from an ExpressCard? Ideally, i would use the data doubler optibay thing, but i do kind of need my dvd drive and its quite handy having it built in, so i don't really want to get rid of that.
I'm thinking of getting a 48GB card, and possibly a second 24/48GB card for mixes in Logic Pro.
Any thoughts?
mrmeister

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go with the Mercury Extreme. Very satisfied with mine. Leave it to someone else on the express card, but Windows will not install on an external drive so maybe same problem?

OP
M
Reaction score
harryb2448: What size did you go for - 240GB or 480GB (or even 120GB), and what size would you suggest for using an XP partition for a few games? (Not big ones, just the AOE3 base game plus expansions and a couple of other small-ish games, nothing too graphics intensive).
mrmeister

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.