Print page setup?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21½" 3.6GHz Core i5 iMac, 12GB Crucial RAM
This seems like it should be simple. I have a 4x6 picture I want to print in (duh) 4x6, but whenever its printed, it prints and stretches the picture for the entire size of the paper. In my old PC, I'd go into page setup and take the stretch option off, but I simply can't find the option. Um...help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
More info what printer model and next to the printer icon did you click on the drop down menu (blue square) and manually select size?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Also, what application are you trying to print it with? In something like Pages, you can use the Inspector to resize to how you want it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Are you trying to print from within iPhoto? For some reason, iPhoto limits printing options. I found if I dragged the photo to the desktop (or a folder in Finder) and then opened it with Preview, I had full printer functionality.

OP
Phacade
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Normal pages are printing fine. I've got an HP P1006 laser printer (B&W) and no unusual symbols at the bottom on the Doc when it pops up. Everything I am printing, however, comes out the full width of the paper regardless if it is or not.

- I am not trying to print from iPhoto. Typically its a picture I've either downloaded or saved in downloads ( or after modding the size in Pixelmater).

Example. I want to print this page. No problem! I take a screen shot and print it, full size. I want to print out a paper for school. No problem! I print it out, and since its already supposed to be letter-sized, it comes out the full-width of the paper. But if I wanted to print a small picture, lets say something 400x500 pixels in size, I'm still getting it "stretched" to the full-size of the paper.

Typically, in Windows, you've got a "page setup" option when you go to print, and one of these options lets you choose to leave your print regular size or to "stretch" for the full size of the paper. I'm certain Mac has this option, but I can't find it whenever I go to print.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
If I choose print from the context menu - it just pops up preview with no control and tries to print the image. As mentioned before - you probably want to open the image with Preview first - then say print.

Secondly - once you get to that point you probably have to click the down arrow to see all the options for printing.
attachment.php

Once you click the arrow then all the printing options show up. Most of them are under this pulldown.
attachment.php

Hopefully that is what you are asking about. Most programs like photoshop and preview open that print dialog, I think it is just the finder context that tries to print it directly.

Screen shot 2011-05-30 at 2.30.35 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-05-30 at 2.34.34 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If I choose print from the context menu - it just pops up preview with no control and tries to print the image. As mentioned before - you probably want to open the image with Preview first - then say print.

Secondly - once you get to that point you probably have to click the down arrow to see all the options for printing.
attachment.php

Once you click the arrow then all the printing options show up. Most of them are under this pulldown.
attachment.php

Hopefully that is what you are asking about. Most programs like photoshop and preview open that print dialog, I think it is just the finder context that tries to print it directly.

That was the other thing I was thinking of. Sometimes people don't know about the "arrows" that give you more options.

OP
Phacade
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And thats the issue. I never clicked (or even noticed) the arrow, hense I never got the option. Got it! 87% of this is coming rather easily, but even the most mundane of tasks is throwing me for a loop as I integrate myself. Thank you so much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And thats the issue. I never clicked (or even noticed) the arrow, hense I never got the option. Got it! 87% of this is coming rather easily, but even the most mundane of tasks is throwing me for a loop as I integrate myself. Thank you so much!

It's to be expected when learning something new.

Gotta retrain the brain. ;D

C

chas_m

"I love the smell of fresh neurons firing in the morning! Smells like ... VICTORY!"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.