• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Which harley davidson you ride??????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 11inch, Ipod touch 8gigs 4th+Iphone 3GS, Ipod nano 1.1
Hi all,

I just received my new Harley davidson after 6 months of waiting and waiting .....delivered to door step with 3 litres of petrol :-? and already driven 500kms as for servicing i would have to send it to Mumbai which is far from where i live around 1000kms and costs around $550 for transport.

harley

final price after RTO clearance was INR 7,77,300 = $ 17196

let me tell you what an amazing bike it is i do have one honda CBR 600 and Royal Enfield Thunderbird..
ImageShack Album - 2 images

but now it is the end of line for me......next target is Skoda Yeti...

Also if anyone can tell me cheaper ways to customize my bike. I customised my royal enfield in mere 100$ as you can see in the photos..

and are there some good harley online clubs that i can join,,,

so which harley davidson do you ride and can anyone tell me how much the same ride cost in USA.
:)

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
This one.... :D Ok - it's a Honda VTX 1800F. Every year I visit the Harley dealer - but they just don't have anything that would entice me to change yet. :\

VTX1800F.jpg

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yeah...why does it have to be a Harley...how about any motorcycle?;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
I don’t like Harleys. My grandfather has a 60s BSA, and a 70s BMW.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Nice guys.

Drove one once - I had borrowed it from a fellow sailor. 15 minutes into the ride, a car ran a stop sign and broadsided me. Then the police arrested me. I didn't know the seat lifted up and the registration papers were there. So, the cops tossed me in jail and charged me with stealing the bike. Yep, that's right... cops in Key West didn't much like sailors.

The owner of the bike showed up at the police station about 4 hours later with the registration papers he had retrieved from the bike to state he had loaned me the bike. But the desk told him the officer that had pressed charges was at home and they weren't going to call and wake him up. So, sit there and wait for the Shore Patrol to come and bail me out a few hours later.

Needless to say, had a bad taste about them for awhile. Then when I was ready to try it again - wife... need I say more?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Nice guys.

Drove one once - I had borrowed it from a fellow sailor. 15 minutes into the ride, a car ran a stop sign and broadsided me. Then the police arrested me. I didn't know the seat lifted up and the registration papers were there. So, the cops tossed me in jail and charged me with stealing the bike. Yep, that's right... cops in Key West didn't much like sailors.

The owner of the bike showed up at the police station about 4 hours later with the registration papers he had retrieved from the bike to state he had loaned me the bike. But the desk told him the officer that had pressed charges was at home and they weren't going to call and wake him up. So, sit there and wait for the Shore Patrol to come and bail me out a few hours later.

Needless to say, had a bad taste about them for awhile. Then when I was ready to try it again - wife... need I say more?

Ahh...the old Key West Naval Station...what a "tough" placed to be assigned!!!;) I've seen it each time I visit Key West. The wife & I both ride...but I worry a lot when she's riding her bike. Much happier when we double up...and I'm driving.:)

Believe it or not (for those that don't know)...it's amazing how the local police like to pick on members of the military. But on the other hand...what can you expect from mostly 18-22 year old males on pay-day...full of testosterone, beer, gonna live forever, and looking for trouble!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
When I last had one it was a 2003 FLSTF and yes I miss it.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This one.... :D Ok - it's a Honda VTX 1800F. Every year I visit the Harley dealer - but they just don't have anything that would entice me to change yet. :\

VTX1800F.jpg

this same bike costs around 20 lakhs i.e. 38000$

i purchased it as it was in my budget and its a harley also i have HONDA CBR 600....

and also your bike looks cool .....is it the original paint job

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
this same bike costs around 20 lakhs i.e. 38000$

i purchased it as it was in my budget and its a harley also i have HONDA CBR 600....

and also your bike looks cool .....is it the original paint job

Thanks :) Trust me - I paid nothing close to that - I want to say it was about $14k new - and that's only because I went for the F series Spec 3 - which has the polished aluminum fins and black engine - instead of that brown cast iron look.

It is the original paint job - in fact - everything is still stock - with only exception being the grips and I added a removable sissy bar so the wife could ride with. I've been ready for something new for a while - but just haven't seen anything that compares - that isn't more than I care to pay for a bike. The other bike I strongly considered when I bought this one - was the M109R - but that bike had just come out that year - and since it was my first bike - couldn't decide if I wanted to be an early adopter, plus I was on the fence about that headlight cowling.

Every spring I say I'm going to do a paint job (I have an idea for a theme) and put on an aftermarket exhaust/intake and controller - but haven't yet.

As you can see from this stock image - mine is exactly the same.

2006-Honda-VTX1800F-Spec3c.jpg

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks :) Trust me - I paid nothing close to that - I want to say it was about $14k new - and that's only because I went for the F series Spec 3 - which has the polished aluminum fins and black engine - instead of that brown cast iron look.

It is the original paint job - in fact - everything is still stock - with only exception being the grips and I added a removable sissy bar so the wife could ride with. I've been ready for something new for a while - but just haven't seen anything that compares - that isn't more than I care to pay for a bike. The other bike I strongly considered when I bought this one - was the M109R - but that bike had just come out that year - and since it was my first bike - couldn't decide if I wanted to be an early adopter, plus I was on the fence about that headlight cowling.

Every spring I say I'm going to do a paint job (I have an idea for a theme) and put on an aftermarket exhaust/intake and controller - but haven't yet.

As you can see from this stock image - mine is exactly the same.

2006-Honda-VTX1800F-Spec3c.jpg

we do have 120% import duties + RTO + INSURANCE....so the rates go up...

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
not a Harley. i ride this:

A CBR-125R. brilliant machine, 7 years old and runs like its new. has an aftermarket exhaust (yes, its legal.)

saving for a new one (GSXR, most likely.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
My current ride is an '06 Triumph Daytona 675. I got on my Birthday the year before last. It had less than 5K miles on it and I only ended up paying $5,600.

I'm starting to look at another bike. I want a Triumph Bonneville that I can customize into a cafe racer for something that's a bit more comfy than the Daytona. I don't think I'll sell the Daytona though.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Moss rides a motorbike... wheres his pic?! maybe we should make a general "post your bike" thread....

EDIT: scratch that, he rides a push bike.

brian, thats a beaut you have there.how often do you ride it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" I5 etc...
2009%252520Luckenbach%25252C%252520TX.JPG

06FLHX
SE HTCC Ported
Stroker kit
SE 6 Speed Transmission
H-D Wide Load on the rear

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just watched the documentary about HELLS ANGELS on National Geographic...... is it true....

Do they have that much of an army if you are wearing the jacket.....

Also please watch southparks episode on harleys amazing....

Also in Nagpur we have a gang of around 3000 moped drivers who are from minority class and once a year they meet with clothes all in white that is a scene to be seen not a single moped is above 75cc .......smiley face.

and also any one member of Hells Angels or Mongols....

thanks

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009%252520Luckenbach%25252C%252520TX.JPG

06FLHX
SE HTCC Ported
Stroker kit
SE 6 Speed Transmission
H-D Wide Load on the rear

nice bike .....what do you use to polish your bike ....please suggest

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" I5 etc...
Elbow grease!

nice bike .....what do you use to polish your bike ....please suggest

I use Maguires with carnuba wax. It takes a bit longer but its makes it shine!!! On the chrome, I use Mother's chrome polish, I get it at Napa, but it should be available anywhere.

The fat on my arms is courtesy of Dairy Queen.

Ride Safe!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.